We recently tried out the new Wellington Wildfire on Tory Street, spawned from the Auckland mothership.
And Oh. My. God. So much food. All the New Years resolutions about portion control went totally out the window in a big way. Wicked, wicked Wildfire.
You can read all the details here, but suffice it to say:
- Its Brazilian BBQ, so expect a lot of meat (although they do have a whole separate vegetarian menu which I’m going to try next time)
- Its kinda like yum cha where they keep coming to your table with skewers of different proteins and carving off whatever you fancy (with unlimited salad and roasties on the side, and that’s after intro tapas and tasters!).
- The variety of protein will astound you – everything from several types of beef, pork, seafood, lamb, chicken, and on it went….
- It’s a full-your-boots kinda place so plan to be there for a while and don’t rush it
- There’s no shortage of liquid accompaniments to suit all tastes
- Go with a group for best fun (it’s possibly not your intimate first-date experience)
- Fast for the whole day prior.
7 days, noon til late.