- Chocolate Fish – Shelley Bay. Funky and buzzy, outdoor sunshine lounging space, pretty much all done on BBQs, superb. Loads of space and things for kids to play with. 7 days.
- Maranui Cafe – a Wellington institution at Lyall Bay in the old surf club. Slightly vego leaning, both counter and menu, with fabulous sea views. Queues on weekends. 7 days.
- Spruce Goose – Lyall Bay waterfront near the airport in the old aero club premises. Casual menu and counter food. Play area for kids. Planes and water activity to watch. 7 days and nights.
- Beach Babylon – Oriental Parade opposite the fountain. Harbour views, busy and buzzy, kids toy corner. Menu and counter casual food done well. 7 days and nights.
- Joes Garage – Lower Tory Street. Motor vehicle garage themed, with toys and large booths. Mostly menu food including burgers, hot dogs, and grown-up salads and meals. 7 days and nights.
- Southern Cross bar – Corner of Abel Smith and Cuba Streets. Although a bar, there are multitudes of spaces, a wide menu, regular events for kids during the day and large outside garden bar. 7 days and nights.