- Hashigo Zake – Lower Taranaki Street below Zibibbo. One of the originals showcasing Wellington and New Zealand’s best. Also have interesting pies.
- The Hop Garden – Pirie Street. In the old greek taverna with a wide range of craft beers, sunny vine-covered conservatory, rooftop bar and cooler restaurant deeper into the back. Great food, both tapas and full meals. More than just a beer bar.
- The Malthouse – Courtenay Place. Another long-standing purveyor of craft beers. A good stop on the way to or from dinner nearby.
- Fork and Brewer – Bond Street off Willis. A consortium launched from The Malthouse crew, with their own micro-brewery. A large space, an outside balcony in summer and interesting tap handles.
- Little Beer Quarter – Edward Street off the corner of Victoria and Manners. Brought to you by the folks from Beach Babylon on Oriental. The style of a quaint English pub, and quality pub food to accompany a long list of beers.
- Goldings Free Dive – Leeds street between Dixon and Ghuznee in the old Hannahs Warehouse complex. Cosy and welcoming. Unaffiliated to any brewery so an ever-changing variety on tap. Food by Pomodoro Pizza. Hard to get better than that.
- Rogue and Vagabond – Garrett Street alongside Glover Park. A blend of rock’n’roll, interesting art and indoor/outdoor park flow. Thin crust pizza or toasties to accompany your craft beer. Check out the tap beer handles.
- Black Dog Brewery Co – 17-19 Blair Street. Have a tasting at their rustic brewery bar, chat to the boys about it all and fill your own flagons (flagons provided). Tuesday to Saturday 2pm til 9pmish.
- The Garage Project – 68 Aro Street, Aro Valley. Brewery, cellar door and bar in an old garage. Oodles of cool. Again lots of lovely tastings or fill your own flagons (flagons provided). 7 days noon til early evening.
- Crafters – Cnr Vivian and Victoria. Siggy’s famed pies and a number of interesting spaces to wile away time. Right next door to the craft brewing school so you can plan a whole day’s outing on just one corner of town. 7 days from 10am.
- Tuatara’s Third Eye – 30 Arthur Street. The city micro-brewery of this Paraparaumu-based organisation in one of the historic buildings from back in the day. Outdoor sheltered seating on fine days and simple food by The Goose Shack.
- Husk Eatery and Bar – Ghuznee Street opposite Glover Park. The Choice Brothers brewers and Karamu Coffee combined. Excellent food, and some interesting collaborations planned going forward. Look out for the barrel on the street. 7 days and nights.
- See more about Wellington micro-breweries, locales and classes.